The Golden Team company actively works with PostgreSQL technology in the process of creating software products, as well as supporting IT infrastructure objects and IT systems.
PostgreSQL is software for storing structured data and accessing it using SQL queries. It is a modern technology that is increasingly chosen by developers who have switched from MySQL.
The main advantages of PostgreSQL are the availability of a free version, functionality and high speed of operation (for relational databases).
We use PostgreSQL technology in many stages:
1. Implementation. While building an IT system from scratch, at the level of developing the IT architecture of the project, our software engineers use PostgreSQL technologies. This is especially true for highly loaded projects.
2. Finalization. As part of the refinement and redesign of IT products and systems, our software development specialists refine PostgreSQL-related modules and functionality.
3. Service. As part of the maintenance of IT infrastructure projects, as well as DevOps services, we support database objects that use PostgreSQL technologies.
4. Monitoring. All infrastructure objects, including PostgreSQL database objects, are carefully monitored by our technical support service 24/7. We are confident that working with our team will help you get the best solution for your product and a positive experience.
increase in customer conversions
Step by step
Step by step
Determine the project's goals and objectives
Determine the pain points and true needs of your target audience
Identify and analyze opponents
Highlight the uniqueness of your product
Choose a developer and approve the cost for development
Let's discuss your project
You will not be charged for consultations. You can come to our office or get a consultation online or by phone. Our managers will answer all relevant questions and help with the further development strategy.get consultation
Advantages of PostgreSQL
Working with PostgreSQL databases, we have identified several advantages. Let’s consider them more detailed:
- A large set of functions. Both in terms of the amount of information it can handle and the number of concurrent clients it can support, PostgreSQL is very scalable. This database allows the use of international Unicode character sets, as well as multibyte string encryption.
- Work with large volumes. Most DBMSs designed for medium and small projects have limitations on the volume of the database and the number of records in it. PostgreSQL has no limitations.
- Complex query support PostgreSQL works with complex queries. The system copes with the tasks of parsing and performing time-consuming operations that involve reading, writing, and validation at the same time. It is slower than its counterparts when it comes to reading only, but in other aspects it surpasses the competition.
- PostgreSQL has no disadvantages. It is suitable for projects that require a powerful database with high functionality. But for most applications and sites, a less powerful and faster, light and simple DBMS is needed, so MySQL is usually used in such a case.
Oleg came on board after we were left out by our previous team. With zero handover help from them he took over the project and delivered every tasks successfully and on schedule. Such a pleasure working with him and we`ll certainly continue working with him on other contracts.